7 LOCAL Food Services That We LoVE!
It’s the last week in January and New Year’s resolutions are still going strong! (Well... let’s hope!)
There are all sorts of resolutions people come up with, whether that be going to the gym more often, or just simply trying to eat better and avoid the bad foods we tend to put in our bodies every now and then.
Check out our favorite 7 local food services that are making our lives easier when it comes to eating healthy!
1. Fit Dish Meals is an easy and local food service that allows you to order the meals you find most appealing online on their website https://fitdishmeals.com. They deliver these healthy, ready to eat meals every Tuesday and Thursday to any of the local pick-up locations, or even your home/office! They prepare all their meals within 24 hours of their delivery making it as fresh as possible. All you have to do is pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then your set to enjoy the delicious foods Fit Dish Meals has to offer for you.
2. The Gracious Plate is a brand new local food service that specializes in locally and sustainably sourced food. One of the things that stand out about this service is that all of their foods are 100% gluten free! The meals they make are prepared weekly for you and your family to enjoy. They are set to begin cooking and serving their fresh and healthy food in February! You can subscribe to their mailing list for future announcements at http://thegraciousplate.com.
3. Homemade. Delivered. is another great local food service to consider if you are looking to eat healthier, but don’t have the time or desire to do the cooking yourself! They offer nutritional and delicious meals that are delivered right to your door step. They make their meals fresh using no preservatives, low sodium, high fiber, good fats, and natural and local ingredients whenever possible. Their menu changes weekly as a new one is posted every Tuesday morning. They deliver the meals to your doorstep the following Wednesday after you have ordered. If you do not fall into their delivery range they also offer a pick-up service at their kitchen. If interested you can read more on their website https://homemadedelivered.com/
4. Meal Preps by Michelle is a small locally ran food service. It is not 100% organic, but it is a very healthy alternative as food is made weekly with light and naturally good seasoning spices. Michelle offers a wide variety of fresh meals that change weekly as she offers anything from jazzy rice bowls to fish tacos. You can visit her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mealprepsbymichelle/.
5. Farm2Counter has a wide selection of local and organic snacks, beverages, and produce. They get their produce locally as they bring the farmers market to you! Farm2Counter takes pride in using their local artisan’s for all of their culinary needs. For more information visit https://www.farm2counter.com/.
6. Guaranteed Foods has been delivering fresh food to those in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska since 1958. Guaranteed Foods is compromised of two food divisions. They prepare meals A la Carte, which is their direct home food service division, along with The Kansas City Steak Shoppe, which is a gourmet gift division that they use to ship All-Natural USDA Choice and Prime steaks. The Kansas City Steak Shoppe also prepares gourmet meals for those who desire them. You can read more about Guaranteed foods at their website http://www.guaranteedfoods.com/.
7. The Cake Truffle Store is a small local food service company out of Ozark, Missouri that has been in business for almost 10 years. Mandi Fritz, the owner, is a wonder woman with delicious meals made from the freshest quality ingredients and always from scratch. Don’t let the name fool you, desserts are not the only option! She also has a food service called, “Fresh Food at Home” which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options. To find out more about The Cake Truffle Store, visit their website at https://caketrufflestore.com/